As an approved third party certifier for the California Air Resource Board (CARB) we ensure that manufacturers of composite wood products accurately certify that their manufactured products comply with the applicable emission standards set forth in the Airborne Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) (external link) .
For manufacturers of HWPW, PB, and MDF, compliance with emission standards specified in the ATCM must be verified by using a third party certifier.
We have an important role of ensuring that manufacturers of composite wood products accurately certify that their manufactured products comply with the applicable emission standards set in the ATCM.
- Auditing manufacturers of panels products to verify compliance with the criteria of the CARB Final Rule.
- Verifying manufacturers are complying with the quality assurance requirements specified in The Final Regulation Order
- Working with manufacturers to establish quality control limits
- Carrying out independent audits and inspections of manufacturers and records
- Selecting samples to be tested by either the primary or secondary test method, and arranging with an accredited laboratory to test the samples as per the requirement of the Final Rule. See below
- Laboratory audits to meet the CARB Programme requirements
- Laboratory testing for CARB