Introductory Food Safety
Available to all students
Course Duration: 1/2 day
Pricing: $225.00 per person + GST
Interested in Virtual Instructor-Led Training?
Our focus is minimising any potential disruptions to our customers and partners, working with you as you navigate scenarios that may be affecting your business, and respecting policies you may be putting in place.
We are able to offer this training via Virtual Instructor-Led Training. Click here (external link) to enrol for online training dates, waitlist or to send an enquiry for this training via VILT.
This course provides a basic understanding of the general practices used to create an environment that is safe to produce food and the practices that help to ensure safe production and handling. Participants will learn a variety of topics including how to prevent cross contamination, promote hygienic practices and monitor the temperature of high-risk foods through the application of Good Operating Practice.
This course covers the theory towards unit standards 167 and 168,
What is covered?
- What is a food safety hazard
- Preventing contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Maintenance and repairs
- Pest controls
- Approved suppliers
- Shelf life
- Controlling temperature
- Documentation and recording keeping
- Overview of NZ food legislation
Who should attend?
Anyone working or preparing to work in the food and dairy industry
- Apply new skills and knowledge to your workplace immediately after the course
- Reduce your company’s down-grade costs through applying the food safety controls taught in this course
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- This course is aligned to unit standard 167 and 168. Although the standard course does not assess these unit standards, talk to the training team about how this may be achieved.
There is no prerequisite
Click here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch
Friday 17th April 2020$0.00 (incl. GST)1/2 dayAuckland - AsureQuality Airport OaksBook now
Friday 24th April 2020$232.87 (incl. GST)1/2 dayChristchurch - Rosebank EstateBook now
Wednesday 3rd June 2020$232.87 (incl. GST)1/2 dayChristchurch - Rosebank EstateBook now
Wednesday 10th June 2020$232.87 (incl. GST)1/2 dayAuckland - AsureQuality Airport OaksBook now