Seed Sampler & Phytosanitary Inspector Training
Course Duration: Day 1 Seed Sampling, Day 2 Phytosanitary Inspectio
Pricing: $690.00 including GST
This course teaches the basic skills of Seed Sampling. Participants will learn how to draw samples from officially certified seed lines for the purposes of obtaining official purity and germination certificates.
This course teaches the basic skills of Phytosanitary Inspection. Participants will learn how to draw samples and inspect seed intended for export in order to gain plant health certification. Upon successful completion of the course attendees will also be able to carry out post-inspection product security inspections on seed lines being relocated from a seed store (you must be part of a MAF approved system for the store where sampling has occurred).
What is covered?
- Seed lot uniformity
- Varietal certification
- The processes and actions involved in the seed sampling process
- Obtaining up to date Importing Country’s Phytosanitary Requirements (ICPRs)
- The processes and actions involved in the phytosanitary process
- Post inspection seed lot(s) security
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to become a seed sampling officer or phytosanitary inspector
- Understand the processes involved in seed sampling and phytosanitary
- Learn how to fill in appropriate paperwork and what it means to you
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
Before being approved for a Full Authority, you will need to complete the following:
- Seed Sampling Officer
One proficiency audit in the form of a multi choice test at end of the course, followed by one competency audit. You will also need to update your company’s MPI approved system within five days of the change.
- Phytosanitary Inspector
No proficiency is required but you will need one competency audit and your company’s MPI approved system will need to be updated within five days of the change.
Following proficiency and competency audits you will be audited two or three times per year depending on your seed store’s operating period.
- A certificate of attendance will be issued on successful completion of the knowledge check.
There is no prerequisite for attending the course however to operate in either of these roles you must be listed as a Seed Sampling Officer or Phytosanitary Inspector under any companies you sample/inspect for.Click here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch